One Yoga Teacher Training: The Art and Science of Transformation & Awakening
- April 30 - May29, 2018 (Bali Immersion) followed by an optional 3-month at-home deepening program.
- Where: The Yoga Barn, Ubud, Bali Indonesia
- Qualification Received: Hatha Yoga Instructor with refinements in Philosophy and Meditation
- Accreditation: Yoga Alliance - 200hr RYT
Yoga - The Art, Science and Spirit of Transformation
The One Yoga Teacher Training is a one-month immersion followed by an optional, but highly recommended, three-month personal deepening program suitable for those who aspire to become yoga teachers and/or for those who wish to deepen their understanding and practice of Yoga.
This unique teacher training enables a rich exploration into the art, science and spirit of transformation. We inquire both through traditional teachings and through self inquiry into the nature of spiritual awakening. Together we experience the alchemical effects of the potent integration of the following:
Daily dedicated personal practice (4 hrs daily : asana (postures), pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation, puja and chanting), yoga philosophy, spiritual inquiry, time in silence, mindfulness practices, sound healing, satsang, and community sharing, and nonduality teachings.
A Journey of Transformation
Using principles of transformation, this course is designed to take you on a journey into the depths of your being to discover the freedom and happiness that is your essential nature. As the program progresses we progressively explore subtler levels consciousness and gain tools to work on these new found levels of being. If one is sincere, courageous, open and determined, this journey will trigger a transformation process; and in doing so, it will awaken dormant potentials. The last days we resurface to explore how to skillfully integrate these discoveries into our daily life and how to live a life of great purpose and contribution.
Discover Practices and Tools for Awakening
The OY training introduces students to subtle/advanced practices that will provide students with an orientation and tools to awaken to new dimensions of being, and to awaken a greater sense of clarity, empowerment and therefore freedom on each level. These subtle practices are:
- Root Practices: Awareness, Equanimity, Discernment, Loving Acceptance & Gratitude
- Universal Spiritual Practices: Self Inquiry , Meditation, Contemplation
- Yogic Tools for Deepening/Subtlizing Awareness - Pranayama, Kriya, Mantra, Yantra
- Sacred Masculine Sacred Feminine - cultivating awareness and capacity to balance & integrate
Integrating The Insights, Transforming Your Life
A unique and important component of the One Yoga Training is the Living Yoga Program - a three-month, online, guided assimilation process that follows the training once you return home.
The most common feedback from graduates of other teacher trainings is: 'I had this transformative experience in my immersion, but once i returned home, i felt alone, the insights were lost, and the depth of awareness disappeared". The reason is - for transformation to 'stick' - there are some other important ingredients that a one month immersive alone cannot provide. We have created The Living Yoga Program to provide these very critical ingredients for successful transformation, namely:
- Repetition of the practices over a prolonged period of time
- Contemplation, assimilation and application the insights to our regular life (where the rubber hits the road)
- Feeling supported by a community who share your views and values and most importantly:
- Time - transformation takes time!
The 3 month guided Living Yoga Program - has been designed using the principles of transformation to support graduates in assimilating the powerful insights that arose during the immersion. We stay connected as a community through a dedicated facebook page and private youtube channel. The sincerity of your participation in the Living Yoga Program will be reflected in a transformed life. Your life purpose will clarify. Your relationships become more conscious and empowering. You connect with a mutually inspiring conscious community, your day-to-day lifestyle choices contribute to the health and empowerment of your self and your world.
YOU ARE Fully Supported
Set in an idyllic tropical environment, nourished by the highest quality food; you will feel fully supported whether your intention is to deepen your practice, take time for self reflection and care, or to establish a solid foundation in teaching yoga. Our faculty of inspiring master teachers has been carefully selected for the vast reach and depth of knowledge they offer, the wisdom they embody, and the loving kindness they exude.
The intention of the training is to offer the fertile conditions of spiritual transformation, thereby, via your own direct experience you can naturally and authentically share the gifts of yoga with others.
Throughout the training faculty members will be available to talk to each day during your breaks to address any challenges inquiries and concerns that may be arising for you.
Therefore the intention is fourfold:
- To create a direct experience of transformation through deepening self knowledge and deepening self acceptance
- To provide the tools, knowledge and wisdom gained through direct experience to support the continual unfolding of your spiritual life.
- To prepare students to be confident, knowledgable, and compassionate teachers should they choose to wear that hat.
- To cultivate a community of like-spirited community
Over the last 20 years, Tanya has passionately explored the process of spiritual integration and transformation through the lenses of both traditional eastern and modern western systems. She sought the thread that connects, the deeper universal wisdom they all shared, to bring them together to support people on their spiritual journey. She has teased out the common essential guiding teachings for spiritual transformation and delivers them through the platform of yoga.
Tanya teaches a powerful fusion that brings together the strengths of many systems to offer a unique, informed and potent approach to the practice. Students will graduate as competent and confident instructors of Hatha Yoga empowered with a depth of knowledge, clear guidance and practical tools and to support their yoga journey onward; both as student and as a teacher.
Techniques and principles
The following is a summary of techniques and principles that will be taught in the training
- Posture alignment principles
- Sequencing of postures
- Energetics and subtle anatomy
- Mindfulness and equanimity practices
- Concentration, meditation, and interiorization of awareness
- Body-mind connection and health
- Neuroscience of meditation and spiritual transformation
- Mindfulness journaling for transformation
- Eastern principles of spiritual transformation and awakening
- Western principles of spiritual transformation and awakening
- Bhakti Yoga (yoga of devotion)
- Karma Yoga (yoga of action in life)
- Jnana Yoga (yoga of knowledge)
- Contemplative self-inquiry
- Masculine / Yang principles of transformation such as: working at the edge, commitment, cultivation of will, courage, determination, perseverance, personal power, and transcending limitations.
- Feminine / Yin principles of transformation such as: softening, opening, surrendering, self care, introspection, deepening, and self acceptance
- Integration of self (body, breath, heart, mind, spirit)
- Integration of self with the whole